Thursday, January 18, 2007

The Metro...

Screaming metro, Chicago to Devon...the third cabin in sweet solitude
Barely spaced, a once-damsel, i'm sure; a newly-wed, i suppose; a stock-broker, perhaps

Sighing in silence...the lost dawns...the lost years...irreversibles
Drowned in each other...speechless conversations - sweet wrangles...all with the eyes
Aspiring gazes - short lived, sharp glances with total meaning...impatience

She probably had a bad day - "no flowers for me today ma'am", "don't block the entrance ol' lady"
He sure forgot to call her this afternoon...supposed to lunch together - irresponsible!
Killer idea as usual sprouting within but owned by the manager - contended though, "I'm on track"

"Here you go lil' one - its jasmine, bright and pure just like you"
"I'm going to cook dinner for you tonight"said he..."I'll have you instead" says she
"This annual general meeting - I'll make a difference"

She would turn a damsel again tonight - in her peaceful dreams
They sure would be awake all night - exploring each other
He would party, exquisite liquor, celebration for no specific reason

Me...I'll stay right here...third cabin...watching people...
Probably move a lil' here and there...
But always in the third...for people to hold onto...for people to balance...
For they have better things to do...in the screaming metro

--me

No comments: